Re: When will ETCP be in linux kernels? Is there a patch?

From: David L. Nicol (david@kasey.umkc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 16:28:48 EST

Mark Hahn wrote:

> > > isn't it just a draft? I though ECN was considerably further along...
> >
> > No, it works -- if you set up a BSD system and apply their patch,
> > the second image loads fully too -- I did it once, and it worked
> > just like it is supposed to.
>
> that wasn't the question: is it just a draft, or a standard like ECN?
> whether there's working code is orthogonal to it's standardization...

A working implementation (blessed by Christian Huitama) is IMO a defacto
standard.

I inquired of the TCP-IMPL working group about setting something like
ETCP up, to the point of submitting an independent proposal pretty much
describing it, and was referred to the ETCP demonstration.

--
                                           David Nicol 816.235.1187
    Cell phones are pretty much what Marconi had in mind, you know?