Re: [CFT] initramfs patch

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 20:21:38 EST

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:56:25 -0500 (CDT),
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com> wrote:
>Eventually I would like to see firmware uploading in initramfs,
>instead of compiling firmware images into the kernel...

<AOL>Me too</AOL>. Building the firmware images as part of kbuild is
wrong, they should be in separate user space packages. One of my
biggest problems with kbuild 2.5 was supporting the firmware build for
sound and SCSI cards in the kernel, it is all ugly special case code.