Re: [Linux-ia64] [RFC] /proc/ksyms change for IA64 (fwd)

From: Jack Steiner (steiner@sgi.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 07:42:45 EST

> with old modutils, modules will oops. I don't see this as a problem,
> the IA64 population is fairly small, in any case gcc cross compile for
> IA64 has problems right now.

The proposal looks fine. I have another question.

What problems exist with cross compiling.

We are still using the cross-compiler for all of our building & testing.
We use:
        gcc version 2.96-ia64-000717 snap 001117 (plus some patches that Ralf added last Dec).

I know that at some point we need to convert to native builds but right now we
dont have sufficient bigsur/lion boxes to do that.

We have not seen any problems with the compiler we are using - at least we
have not attributed a problem to the compiler.

Should we upgrade to gcc3.0 yet???

Any info on this subject would be appreciated......

--
Thanks

Jack Steiner (651-683-5302) (vnet 233-5302) steiner@sgi.com