RBEM56G-100 card

From: Manolis Perakakis (perakakis@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 13:08:44 EST

Hi ,
i saw your reply at :

http://lists.kernelnotes.de/linux-kernel/Week-of-Mon-20010604/009141.html

concerning RBEM56G-100 card. I 've found many
conflicting sources of information. Some people say
this card works perfect for them. It seems that every
cs_pcmcia or kernel version has an impact on this.

I want to purchase a laptop with that card, but most
sources of information i 've found don't recomend that
specific card,

see :
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS
        [ Not recommended: support is experimental and
unreliable ]
        IBM EtherJet CardBus with 56K Modem
        Xircom RBEM56G-100BTX, CBEM56G-100BTX, R2BEM56G-100

The same is stated at Xircom's Linux Page
http://www.xircom.com/cda/page/0,1298,0-0-1_20-476,00.html

So, would you still recomend the purchase of such a
card? (I wouldn't hesitate for REM56G-100BTX but
laptop comes with RBEM56G allready!)

I am thinking of using RH7.1 on the laptop.

Can you give me some info ??

Thanks

Manolis