Re: rio_init, tty_io call confusion. 2.4.8-pre4

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 07:23:51 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> > drivers/char/tty_io calls rio_init and gets a link error when rio is
> > linked into the kenrel because rio_init is declared as static. However
> > rio_init is also declared as module_init() so it gets called twice, one
> > from tty_io and once from the kernel initcall code. One of those calls
> > has to go. If you keep the tty_io call then rio_init cannot be static.
>
> The tty_io call appears to be stale

Agreed, thought so too, but haven't had the time to look into
it. Alan, while you're at it, can you remove the call and we'll try to
test "in kernel" and "as a module" ASAP. (which looks as if it's going
to be months, as we're swamped with other stuff.....)

                        Roger.

* There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots.
* There are also old, bald pilots.