Problem in Interrupt Handling ....

From: Etienne Lorrain (etienne_lorrain@yahoo.fr)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 09:22:36 EST

> But after some period (may be after 2 –3
> hours) recv interrupts are not coming (all other type
> of interrupts are Ok ..), If I reset the ISR0
> (interrupt status register which contains recv
> interrupt) and enable ISR0, recv interrupts are
> coming.

 You have an higher priority interrupt pending on the
 "kind of" UART. Probably you have had two interrupts
 (TxReady and RxFull) on the same IRQ and you have treated
 only one of them, or you have forgotten to treat a modem
 interrupt or... Look at the UART interrupt priorities
 in your documentation.
 This is excluding the obvious case "two serial lines shares
 the same IRQ".

  Hope that helps,
  Etienne.