Re: Resources for SCSI, SRP, Infiniband?

From: Pete Zaitcev (zaitcev@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 15:13:58 EST

> I'm making progress, but could someone direct me to a list of do's and
> don't's for SCSI drivers in 2.4?

Laugh, sadly.

> Also, anybody else looking at developing IB and or SRP?

Nobody does IB in the open, because hardware is not generally
available. Adapter manufacturers roll their proprietary stacks.
I work in a Trillian style effort (e.g. definitely to be opensourced
at a later date) - contact johnsonm at redhat if you are interested
in joining.

No SRP implementations exist that I know of, prorotypes may
be out there, coming from storage startups. AFAIK, Intel is
using a packetised SCSI mapping, at least Ashok Raj made
noises about it on IDF.

-- Pete