(no subject)

From: David Maynor (david.maynor@oit.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 12:43:58 EST

>What you are saying above suspiciously sounds like:
>
> "I want an onion, lets leave out the layers!"
>
>If you really want an onion, I suspect encrypted
>swap will be a useful layer to have as part of your
>onion...
>
>Rik

Not at all, I am saying if you are worried about such things, then start
with projects that would not require a hardware crypto card to make i
useable. I thought this was focusing on keeping laptops secure, and I don't
know anybody that makes a crypto co-processor in the pcmcia variety. There
are things you can do to harden the kernel against such things with out
encrypting everything is site. My view on encryption is like chocolate, its
good, to much will make you sick.......