RE: Athlon/MSI mobo combo broken?

From: Manuel A. McLure (mmt@unify.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 16:35:07 EST

> so far, the only plausible theory is that some individual factor(s)
> (MB, bios settings, power quality, dram quality, etc) causes
> the instability that some people report.

Let me add my voice to the crowd. I have the same MSI K7T Turbo with an
Athlon TBird 900MHz and 256M of PC133 SDRAM, and kernel 2.4.6 runs
rock-stable on it. However, 2.4.7 hangs hard after a day or so of uptime -
no response to pings, can't switch from X to a virtual console, etc. Sysrq-B
will reboot, but other Sysrq-keys (like Sysrq-S or Sysrq-U) don't seem to
work. Unfortunately I am invariably in X when this happens so I don't get to
see ant OOPS text, and there is no OOPS information in the system log after
the reboot.

--
Manuel A. McLure - Unify Corp. Technical Support <mmt@unify.com>
Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other peoples needs. Very sad