Re: Q: Status of AVM FritzCard PCI v2.0

From: Peter Wächtler (pwaechtler@loewe-komp.de)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 08:48:24 EST

Uwe Starke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to know whether the new version of AVM FritzCard PCI
> is supported in recent (i.e. 2.4.7 and above) kernels.
> We have had a problem with Linux not recognising these devices,
> but no "old" versions can be purchased any longer.

AFAIK there is no driver available. AVM Fritz 2.0 uses a different
ISDN chip (a proprietary one labeled with AVM), not the
"good old Infineon PSB".

I tried both, AVM Fritz 1 and 2.0, version 2.0 is not supported in
2.4.5 - the older one works.

Consider buying an ELSA Microlink card, which BTW is also cheaper.
Try http://cdb.suse.de