PS/2 keyboard fails on 2.4.6 and up SMP

From: Chris Wilson (jakdaw@lists.jakdaw.org)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 18:14:15 EST

Hi,

    When I first tried linux 2.4.6 I found that my keyboard failed and I
could not log into my system - at the time I didn't have time to play so
just went back to good ole stable 2.2.19 and forgot about it.. I now
wanted to try 2.4.7-ac10 w. ide, crypto and LVM patches and the same thing
is happening. One of the bootup messages shows:

keyboard: Timeout - AT keyboard not present?(ed)

However the keyboard is certainly present and works under earlier 2.4 and
2.2 kernels without any problems. System is a dual PIII-700. Attached are
gzip'd dmesg and .config's.

Does anyone know whats going on here before I start trial and error'ing to
find a solution?

Cheers,

Chris

--