Re: Kernel lockups on dual-Athlon board -- help wanted

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 11:32:00 EST

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:
> Try a completely different board and components. There are folks
> running rock solid 2.4 on dual Athlons. I speculate yours is perhaps
> marginal somewhere.

OK...

1. By "different board" do you mean different instance of the same design, or
different design? Because the K7 Thunder is, AFAIK, the only dual-Athlon
1200 board that exists right now.

2. Do you know of anyone else successfully running 2.4 over an AMD 760
support chipset?

3. Which components do you think are likely to be implicated? Bad memory
is an obvious guess, I suppose.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." --Aristotle - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/