Re: Report: Sony Handycam USB and Linux 2.4.9-pre2

From: Richard Russon (ldm@flatcap.org)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 18:16:49 EST

Hi Roger,

> 2.4.9-pre2
> identifies the device correctly - no patch needed
> (similar patch in unusual-devices)
> but is not able to open it "unknown partition table" reported from
> enabled LDM ... (I enabled it in an attempt to enable everything)

Afraid I can't help you, but I can probably rule out the LDM.
It's failing when it tries to read a 1KB block from the very
beginning of the device: "Unable to read partition table."

LDM complains because it's the first in line for checking
partitions. If you were to disable it, then msdos would complain
(and give up), instead.

FlatCap (Rich)
ldm@flatcap.org