Re: PCMCIA IDE_CS in 2.4.7

From: Paul Mackerras (paulus@samba.org)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 19:04:45 EST

Alan Cox writes:

> Gunther posted this patch ages ago which seems to solve the problem

I found that the first part (adding outb(0x02, ctl_base)) was
necessary but the second part (outb(0, ...)) was not. Setting nIEN
early on seems safe to me, but it was not clear to me that enabling
IRQs (clearing nIEN) just before the ide_request_irq call was safe -
fortunately it doesn't seem to be necessary, I presume the IDE code
clears nIEN when it wants to start getting interrupts.

On my powerbook I also use a patch which makes sure that the chipset
gets set to ide_pci so that the IDE code will let me share the irq -
the pcmcia controller here has just one interrupt that is used both
for card interrupts and for controller interrupts. I'm not sure
whether that came from Gunther or someone else.

Paul.