ext3 partition unmountable

From: Dewet Diener (linux-kernel@dewet.org)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 20:03:21 EST

Hi all

After umounting a removable ext3 partition from my work PC, and
trying to remount it at home, I've run into the following error
trying to mount it as both ext2 and ext3:

EXT2-fs: ide1(22,65): couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (10000).
EXT3-fs: ide1(22,65): couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (10000).

e2fsck is similarly unhelpful:
e2fsck: Filesystem has unsupported feature(s) while trying to open /dev/hdd1

The kernels on both machines have the same ext3 options enabled, and
they're both 2.4.8-ac6.

This is the first time I've tried moving the drive like this - I
assumed it would work flawlessly. However, ext3 doco seems a bit
sparse under Documentation/, so I'm not quite sure about the recovery
steps needed.

I'd appreciate your help on this one :) Please CC me in...

Regards,
Dewet

--
Dewet Diener     dewet@itouchlabs.com     -o)
Systems Administrator     iTouch Labs     / \

SYN! ..... SYN! ACK! ..... ACK! The mating call of the internet