Re: reiserfs question

From: Justin Guyett (justin@soze.net)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 10:01:41 EST

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 lk@Aniela.EU.ORG wrote:

> I run slackware-linux 8.0 and when I restart my box without issuing the
> halt command, I see the following message when the kernel boots:
>
> reiserfs: checking transaction log (device 03:01) ...
> Warning, log replay starting on readonly filesystem

Perhaps you have a "read-only" line in the lilo.conf section for whatever
kernel you're booting. It's possible that initscripts are remounting the
partition read-only, but not likely, and if you're using journalling, it's
best to check your initscripts and get rid of all the junk that runs
e2fsck and then remounts read-write.

justin