Re: installing Linux over a network

From: Luigi Genoni (kernel@Expansa.sns.it)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 04:24:55 EST

Ypu can install slackware via NFS, and RH via ftp.
Both procedures are quite aesy and work great.
just export NFS the slakware directory containing the
packages series, and then prepare the canonical two floppy and another
floppy containing the "network" image.

For RH, just put the distribution on a pc where you can access trought
ftp, it does not matter if it is as a regular user or as anonymous.
Pay atention with the correct path to begin RH installation.

Hope you wil be successfull
Luigi