depmod -a: unresolved symbols

From: VDA (VDA@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 09:35:57 EST

Hi,

Looks like it gonna be a silly question.
I am getting some messages about unresolved symbols from depmod -a
each time I boot. Thought that is harmless until today.

Now I'm trying to set up an NFS and "modprobe nfsd" fails:
nfsd.o: unresolved symbol nfsd_linkage

In kernel sources I see:
nfsd_linkage defined and EXPORT_SYMBOLed in fs/filesystems.c
(linked in vmlinux and bzimage, I see it in System.map),
referenced from fs/nfsd/nfsctl.c (later linked into nfsd.o)
So, why modprobe can't see it?

kernel: 2.4.5
I did
make dep && \