Re: 2.4.xx won't recompile - fixed!

From: Fred Jackson (fred@arkansaswebs.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 09:31:24 EST

Finally, I fugured it out, and after reading about a host of similiar
problems about includeing a '#include <linux/kernel.h>' as a fix, I
wonder of some of the compilation issues are related.

RedHat 7.1 installs the kernel header files for the default kernel to
the path /usr/include/linux/ during a workstation install (for what
reason I don't know, either the setup is different for server install
vs workstation install or the setup changed as of 7.1). These headers
were used in compiling a different kernel, screwing up the whole damn
thing- it's a miracle that I was even able to compile 2.4.6, 2.4.8,
and 2.4.9 against the headers from 2.4.2-2.....

The error messages I recieved were relavent only in that 'parse
error' was reported on lines containing 'FASTCALL('

Thanks
Fred