Re: PROBLEM : PCI hotplug crashes with 2.4.9

From: David Brownell (david-b@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 17:50:58 EST

> Only the
> first line "pcimodules scanning 00:00.0" is displayed.

Curious. If anything, I'd expect it to say
"pcimodules is scanning more than 00:00.0".
(The last version I saw didn't have a way to
scan for modules appropriate to a particular
PCI slot, and the hotplug scripts warn about
that limitation.)

You might try renaming "pcimodules" to "pcimodules-"
to see if that changes any interesting behavior. I notice
you're using RedHat with 7.1 and usb-uhci. I seem to
recall that Kudzu wanted to do some hotplug-ish things;
they may not play well together yet.

- Dave