Re: aic7xxx driver that does not need db library?

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 20:58:45 EST

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:44:26 -0700,
"Adam J. Richter" <adam@yggdrasil.com> wrote:
> Currently, building Justin Gibbs's otherwise excellent
>aic7xxx driver requires the Berkeley DB library, because the
>aic7xxx assembler that is used in the build process uses db
>basically just to implement associative arrays in memory.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm currently wrestling with db version
>problems because gnome evolution requires the GPL'ed Sleepycat db 3.x,
>so I want to keep db-1.85 around also, and this breaks the aicasm
>build.

(A) Do not check "build aic7xxx firmware".

(B) kbuild 2.5 only selects the db*.h file that matches the current db
    library, instead of assuming that the first db*.h that it can find
    should be used.

(C) If the aic7xxx maintainer would let me fix the aic7xxx kbuild
    files, nobody would ever have these problems again.