Re: Failure to Compile AIC7xxx Driver

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 21:53:25 EST

>You have hit the precise problem that I raised in that thread, you
>cannot rely on timestamps for files that are both generated and
>shipped.

This is a completely different problem having to do with the build for
the aicasm utility missing an explicit dependency regarding the generated,
but certainly not shipped, y.tab.h file. The grammer recently changed
(a new token was added), so those with stale y.tab.h files were bitten.
Its on my list of things to fix.

--
Justin