Re: Linux 2.4.8-ac8

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 07:58:14 EST

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Colonel wrote:

> I hope it stays that way for awhile. I get much better performance
> (subjective, don't know how to benchmark ~2-3x virtual desktop
> switching) than with any recent linus kernel. Even playing with a
> little 500M SQL database doesn't hinder the system anymore.

I've tried to come up with an idea to automatically
benchmark user interactivity with the machine and
have put this idea in the Linux-MM wiki.

http://linux-mm.org/wiki/moin.cgi/UserInteractivity

If you have any comments on this proposed method or
would like to volunteer for coding it, please add
your comments in the wiki or respond by email ;)

regards,

Rik

--
IA64: a worthy successor to i860.