Re: i810 audio doesn't work with 2.4.9

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 12:42:11 EST

Andris Pavenis wrote:

> Sorry, my fault:
>
> seems that i810_audio.c from 2.4.7 and 2.4.8 works, but both from 2.4.9 and
> 2.4.8-ac8 does not ("suceeded" not to copy right version of this file when
> testing previous time, so had one from 2.4.7 twice)

(hmmm, what changes went into 2.4.9 kernel for this driver, I haven't
looked?)

So, Alan, I noticed that in the same ac kernel that you applied my
updates, you also applied some OSS correctness patch from somewhere. I
think someone sent you a bogus patch. I've fixed this problem with
artsd once before. My latest patch didn't touch the GETOSPACE code, and
obviously that's where this problem with artsd comes from, so my patch
wasn't it. I haven't seen this other patch, but at least the GETOSPACE
changes need to be trashed.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com> http://people.redhat.com/dledford Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before e-mailing me about problems