Re: [OT] Howl of soul...

From: Paul Jakma (paul@clubi.ie)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 15:34:00 EST

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> There have been multiple reports of problems with drive failures on recent
> IBM drives with lots of OS's.

hmmm... tell me about it. and not even neccessarily recent.

i had 2 IBM DDRS and 1 DGHS 9GB SCSI drives fail on me all in the
space of a month. All part of one 3disk raid5 array -> 3/3 failure
rate.

wasn't bad power, cause the seagates that were in the same box are
still chugging along now, nearly 2 years later. the seagates and 1
quantum that replaced the 3 failed IBMs are also still chugging
along.

> Alan

regards,

--