Re: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:0f.0

From: Jeffrey Altman (jaltman@columbia.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 00:35:39 EST

Folks. I'm sorry to disturb you but I need your help.
I've just installed the Red Hat 7.1 distribution on to a IBM Thinkpad
765D
and I am receiving the message:

  PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:02.0 Please try
using pci=biosirq
  PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device 00:02.1 Please try
using pci=biosirq

  Yenta IRQ list 0eb8, PCI irq0
  Socket status: 30000020
  Yenta IRQ list 0eb8, PCI irq0
  Socket status: 30000006

The PCMCIA controller is the TI chipset. I've done a search on google
and have found
numerous queries with similar reports, but no solutions. I'm sure there
is a config
file which allows IRQ values to be set. There is no mechanism that I
can see in the
Thinkpad configuration to allow the setting of a fixed IRQ for the
PCMCIA devices.
Clearly IRQ0 can't possibly work. I believe OS/2 and various microsoft
operating
systems use IRQ9 with the PCMCIA controllers.

If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

 - Jeff