2.4.8-ac10,11,12 powersaving problems on Dell I8000

From: Jason Straight (jason@blazeconnect.net)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 09:29:36 EST

cc replies please - not a list member

All three of these have a problem with my Dell Inspiron 8000, something to do
with powersaving features. I've turned off all powersaving in the BIOS,
omitted all the powersaving from the kernel and still the machine turns
itself off every so often with no warning - and no logs I can find. It
doesn't like anything to do with powersaving features, if I close my display
I re-open it to a locked up system.

2.4.8 unpatched works fine.

--
Jason Straight