Re: HPT370 driver problems continued...

From: Tim Moore (timothymoore@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 18:28:10 EST

> I wonder whether this could be a compatiblity issue between drive and
> controller - both Edward and myself are using similar IBM Deskstar models -
> anyone else had problems with these drives?

> > 30Gb IBM DTLA 307030

This drive is mentioned in hpt366.c. You might want to check
~/drivers/block/hpt370.c.

const char *bad_ata66_4[] = {
        "IBM-DTLA-307075",
        "IBM-DTLA-307045",
        "IBM-DTLA-307030",
        "WDC AC310200R",
        NULL
};

> > The initial hardware configuration
> > had two 40G IBM drives (7200RPM
> > UDMA100) each attached as the IDE
> > Master (using cable select) of the
> > primary and secondary IDE interfaces

I don't think cable select is commonly used. All the IDE RAID setups
I've done use a single disk/controller channel, all IDE Masters.

rgds,
tim.