RE: NFS Client and SMP

From: Elgar, Jeremy (JElgar@ndsuk.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 11:33:59 EST

I am having a similar problem that I had been putting down to a problem with
an OpenBSD box,

Copying a large (n>20) number of file from local disk to an nfs share (on
the BSD box)
causes the server to totally freeze (have to reboot) normally have to bring
the local machines nic up and down to get anything back. kill's on the cp's
wont do anything

happened with each 2.4.x from 4 onwards, on an SMP Dual PIII 933 2Gb Ram

Oddly enough its only on a 'cp -r dir' or 'cp dir/*' it seems to hang, (so
much so that I have been doing a for each script hack, upto now.

All other machines (a mixture of Debian and open BSD boxes are okay)

I can supply / test if it turns out to be a linux problem.

Jeremy