Re: [IDEA+RFC] Possible solution for min()/max() war

From: Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 08:29:41 EST

"Roman Zippel wrote:"
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
> > Try reading the last 10 days kernel messages. The last 48 hours are
> > particularly rewarding.
>
> I have, but I only get the feeling, we're hunting here for imaginary bugs.

As I said, nobody has been too precise about the bugs to me either! I
just want to provide an alternative to the 3arg min/max that would
otherwise have been imposed. Whether we really need either of these
alternatives is another argument.

> Real bugs could be found with -Wsign-compare, but nobody wants to use it
> because our master doesn't want it...
> Please define the bugs first, you're trying to fix! If you don't like
> -Wsign-compare, consider defining rules for the Stanford checker. This way

Stanford checker? Is that a programmable C type checker? If so, lemmee
at it. Have you a URL, btw?

Peter