Why is tulip in its own directory (at least to 2.4.8) ?

From: Ken Moffat (ken@kenmoffat.uklinux.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 14:37:07 EST

I've just changed the NIC on my main box from a natsemi to a tulip. The
natsemi module was in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/net along
with the ppp modules, but the tulip module is in a tulip subdirectory.

Is there a good reason for this ?

Ken

--
   Never drink more than two pangalacticgargleblasters !
Home page : http://www.kenmoffat.uklinux.net