Re: ext3 oops under moderate load

From: mb/ext3@dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 01:29:40 EST

On Aug 31 Andrew Morton wrote:

>> kernel BUG at revoke.c:307!
>
>Yours is the third report of this - it's definitely a bug in
>ext3. I still need to work out how you managed to get a page
>attached to the inode which has not had its buffers fed through
>journal_dirty_data(). There seem to be several ways in which
>this can happen.
>
>Is it possible that you ran out of disk space on the relevant
>partition shortly before it died?

I think I can safely rule that one out :)

alan:~$ df /export
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/ataraid/d0p1 240196512 29362544 210833968 13% /export

..that's about as full as it's got, well it may have got up to 50GB used.
[NB for now I've switched the partition to reiserfs (didn't fancy the
fsck), but I'll have a very similar box to play with soon.]