Re: [bug report] NFS and uninterruptable wait states

From: Doug McNaught (doug@wireboard.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 12:50:09 EST

David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org> writes:

> /me tries to work out why anyone would ever want filesystem accesses to be
> uninterruptible.

Hmmm, "because V6 did it that way"? It was probably significantly
faster back in those days...

;)

-Doug

--
Free Dmitry Sklyarov!
http://www.freesklyarov.org/

We will return to our regularly scheduled signature shortly. - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/