Re: ext3 oops under moderate load

From: Steve Kieu (haiquy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 18:10:27 EST

 --- Stephen Tweedie <sct@redhat.com> wrote: > Hi,

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 07:41:08PM -0700, Andrew
> Morton wrote:
>
> > > kernel BUG at revoke.c:307!
> >
> > Yours is the third report of this - it's
> definitely a bug in
> > ext3. I still need to work out how you managed to
> get a page
> > attached to the inode which has not had its
> buffers fed through
> > journal_dirty_data(). There seem to be several
> ways in which
> > this can happen.
>
> I've just been able to reproduce it, using large
> symlinks.
>
> The killer seems to be a situation when you have a
> revoked
> buffer-cache buffer and we then start allocating,

Just want to add another situation. The previous post
about the system hang-up I suspected DRI module
related but it is not. It wont happen when I mount my
/dev/hda6 as ext2 (not ext3). The hang up happen when
I untar a tgz file (about 20Mb) to a loop device, loop
device attached to a 100Mb file in the ext3 partition.
And at the same time I untar the linux kenel from ext2
partition to ext3 partition. And I am playing Timidity
, running Mozilla. It is not swap related problem.

Hope that you may find it useful for your fix :-)

Cheers,

=====
S.KIEU

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel