aic7xxx errors

From: Joseph Mathewson (joe@mathewson.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 01:21:10 EST

I've just woken up this morning to find my internet gateway machine only
responding to pings, and on giving it a keyboard & monitor, a load of

scsi0:0:1:0: Attempting to queue an ABORT message
scsi0:0:1:0: Cmd aborted from QINFIFO
aic7xxx_abort returns 8194

errors.

Is this a problem with the hard drive on ID 1 or a driver issue? It's now
working fine after a restart (eventually it seems to have given up on ID 1
completely and it restarted cleanly [it boots off ID 0]).

I'm using kernel 2.4.7, the card is an Adaptec 2940UW (aic7xxx), the drive
on ID 1 a Seagate Barracuda 18LP.

Joe.