Re: aic7xxx errors

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 15:23:01 EST

>I've just woken up this morning to find my internet gateway machine only
>responding to pings, and on giving it a keyboard & monitor, a load of
>
>scsi0:0:1:0: Attempting to queue an ABORT message
>scsi0:0:1:0: Cmd aborted from QINFIFO
>aic7xxx_abort returns 8194
>
>errors.

I would have to see the messages with "aic7xxx=verbose"" in order
to better diagnose the problem. A full dmesg that includes driver
initialization and SCSI device detection would be useful too.
You might also want to upgrade your driver to something newer:

        http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

--
Justin