hamachi (GNIC-II) and 2.4.9-ac9

From: Lawrence MacIntyre (lpz@ciit.y12.doe.gov)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 10:00:34 EST

Hi:

I have two machines with the Packet Engines Gigabit Ethernet NIC GNIC-II
(hamachi) running RH7.1. One is an alpha, the other is a dual-cpu
coppermine P-III on a SuperMicro P3DME motherboard. I was getting 325
Mb/s between them with the stock RH kernel, and I decided to upgrade to
the 2.4.9 tree. It won't compile on the alpha, (keyboard stuff, fixed
in -ac1), so I got the ac9 patches, and built the kernel. It's fine,
except that the hamachi won't work. ifconfig shows no packets received,
but some errors, there are no strange messages in /var/log/messages. I
then built the same kernel on the intel box, and the same thing
happened. No working hamachi.

--
                                 Lawrence
                                    ~