Re: Re[6]: 2.4.9 UDP broke?

From: volodya@mindspring.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 12:32:47 EST

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

> Hello volodya,
>
> If I enable both of these options though, UDP totally breaks for me.
> So its definitely something in there. Maybe I'll get some time and
> test to see which option is actually doing the breaking.

After some testing: 2.4.6 and 2.4.8 require both of these options be
disabled. 2.4.9 wants them enabled.

Furthemore: after I turned on these option on the only 2.4.9 kernel I
currently have I was able to ping all machines on the network (and they
were able to ping each other). However, before (when options were turned
off) none of the machines on the network could ping each other with
packets of size 6000, though I could see them with tcpdump.

<whine>
tulip worked so great earlier, why mess with it ?
</whine>

                         Vladimir Dergachev