Feedback on preemptible kernel patch

From: grue@lakesweb.com
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 00:22:53 EST

I am running 2.4.10-pre4 with the rml-preempt patch.
built and rebooted this on my workstation yesterday when I saw the patch
posted and it's been working great.

I'm running it on a dual P3-550 with 256MB ram with CONFIG_SMP and no
problems whatsoever although it hasn't been worked 'real' hard yet.
(load no higher than 4) ;)

Figured I'd give some positive feedback about the patch. If you want,
Rob, I could run some benchmarks on this against an unpatched kernel, or
if you have some ideas for me to really stress this thing to see if it
breaks, let me know.

--
Gregory Finch