Re: Linux Preemptive patch success 2.4.10-pre4 + lots of other

From: Dieter Nützel (Dieter.Nuetzel@hamburg.de)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 01:29:03 EST

Robert Love wrote:
> I am glad you take a pro side to the preemption issue. Hopefully I can
> get some continued support and see some work towards inclusion in 2.5.
> Any help is appreciated.

I've tested your former patch against 2.4.7-acX and sent you some feedback
but you didn't answered my post.

Is the module problem (missing preempt_xxx symbols) thing fixed?

Aside from that I saw some nice speed increase (UP Athlon) and very snappy
system.

dbench-1.1 32 clients load drops to mostly below 16 (33 before)

Go on with your great work!

Greetings,
        Dieter

--