Re: linux-2.4.10-pre5

From: Daniel Phillips (phillips@bonn-fries.net)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 21:15:01 EST

On September 10, 2001 03:55 am, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> getblk should unconditionally alloc a new bh entity and only care to map
> it to the right cache backing store with a pagecache hash lookup.

To feel anything like the original the new getblk has to be idempotent:
subsequent calls return the same block.

Another issue: we need to be able to find the appropriate mapping for the
getblk. That means either looking it up in yet another [major][minor] vector
or changing the type of the argument to getblk, which is not as painful as it
sounds because it isn't used in very many places any more.

--
Daniel