Re: linux-2.4.10-pre5

From: Hua Zhong (hzhong@cisco.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 01:39:23 EST

It's not about the absolute size of meta data..it's about having limited
cache size. Whatever you read ahead, as long as it doesn't do good it
wastes space and pushes (more) useful data out of the cache, and thus what
you gain in the readahead will be outweighted by further re-reading.

readahead is good, but doing it too aggressively is not.