2.4.9 deadlock

From: Michael Dreher (michael.dreher@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 05:49:33 EST

Hi all,

yesterday my box locked up. It happened when I opened a link in a new
window of konqueror of kde2.2.
No ping, no sysrq, no keyboard LEDs. Obviously nothing in the logs.
I had to press reset.

It is a PIII 450 Mhz with 128 MB Ram (usually 10-20 MB free), 160 MB
swap (usually 50 MB used). I have no IDE, Adaptec AIC-7881U,
DECchip 21140 ethernet card, and never had eny problems with these.

This is a 2.4.9 Kernel, patched with ext3-0.9.6.
Otherwise, this box is very solid and has never locked up before.
2.4.5 (with ext3 patch) had an uptime of more than 70 days.
I use it as a desktop box only, and the load is light.

Sorry for this imprecise and vague description. Just ask if you need
more infos.

best regards,
Michael