Re: Ext3 journal on its own device?

From: Andreas Dilger (adilger@turbolabs.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 11:54:54 EST

On Sep 17, 2001 17:54 +0200, Juan wrote:
> I have been browsing the Ext3 source (version 0.0.7a), and it seems
> impossible to use a block device as an Ext3 journal. Is that true?.

The code to support this is not included in the 2.2 ext3 only in 2.4 ext3.
There was a patch for 2.2 journal devices long ago, but I'm not sure if
it was updated to work with the new "format" of the external journal. It
was posted to ext2-devel by Marcelo Tossatti, probably 6 months ago or more.

Cheers, Andreas