Re: Reading Windows CD on Linux 2.4.6

From: Bruce Blinn (blinn@MissionCriticalLinux.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 14:39:43 EST

Masoud Sharbiani wrote:

> Hi,
> Can you generate a cdrom image which has that problem (and less than 50
> megs) in order
> to test?
> thanks,
> Masoud

Hi Masoud:

I created a new CD that only contains linux-2.4.6.tar.gz (23Mb), and
this CD duplicates my problem. On 2.2.19, I can copy the tar file from
the CD, and it is the same as the original, but when using 2.4.6, I get
an IO error.

However, when I tried to copy the CD image to a file, I get the
following IO error regardless of which kernel I use.

        # dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/cd.iso
        dd: /dev/cdrom: Input/output error
        1440+0 records in
        1440+0 records out

Does this shed any more light on what I am doing wrong. Is there
another way for me to create a CD image for you?

Thanks,
Bruce

--
Bruce Blinn                               408-615-9100
Mission Critical Linux, Inc.              blinn@MissionCriticalLinux.com