Re: Linux 2.4.10-pre11

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 20:50:52 EST

        Andrea, what's the point of making blkdev_get() bump ->bd_count
in case of success and blkdev_put() - drop it? We _do_ grab a reference
before calling blkdev_get() - any place where we don't is an immediately
oopsable hole both in the old an in the new tree. Notice that you
do down(&bdev->bd_sem) before that increment of refcount, so if caller
doesn't hold a reference we are toast. What's going on there?