Re: 2.4.9-ac12 weird mc hang

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 21:37:07 EST

On Fri, 2001-09-21 at 01:17, Samium Gromoff wrote:
> Hello folks ac12-preempt popped with a new issue:
> strange it is or not, but i cant start mc since it hangs
> in random places (as strace shows).
> Except my thought that its preempt-unrelated there isnt
> much to add. Btw console losing issues are back... grr... :(
> Even glibc/mc recompilation seems not to help...

Please don't send preempt bugs to Alan. Only if the bug is reproducible
outside of the preempt patch should Alan see it. Certainly send it to
the list, but make sure its marked as such.

You are the third person to report this problem. The first person had
the problem go away when he mounted root on a non-ReiserFS partition, so
I blamed ReiserFS. The second person had the problem go away when he
recompiled his kernel without Athlon optimizations. So I am baffled.

You aren't using gcc-3, are you?

--
Robert M. Love
rml at ufl.edu