dumb(?) question about .config file

From: David Hollister (david@digitalaudioresources.org)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 12:43:48 EST

Hey folks,

I have what may be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find a suitable answer.

Let's say you install RedHat out of the box. When you do that, even if you
install the kernel source, you don't get a .config file. Is there some way to
create a .config file based on the running kernel?

I thought "make oldconfig" would do it, but from what I've read, it doesn't
sound like that's necessarily true.

Email me privately with your scorn, flames, or even an answer if you have one.

Thanks.

--
David Hollister
Driversoft Engineering:  http://devicedrivers.com