Re: do we need 10 copies?

From: Kai Germaschewski (kai@tp1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 14:24:11 EST

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Garst R. Reese wrote:

> This table (512 bytes) and the code to implement crc-ccit is replicated
> in 10 drivers. ppp-async even exports it. Surely there is a better way.

As for the ISDN code (4 copies), there is the plan to use a a common HDLC
en/decoding module, however that's a 2.5 thing. I'll take a look if I can
find a generic solution then, but it might turn out difficult - having a
module of its own just for that table wastes nearly a page, so that's
probably worse than the current state of affairs.

--Kai