Re: Tainting kernels for non-GPL or forced modules

From: Timur Tabi (ttabi@interactivesi.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 13:00:24 EST

Keith Owens wrote:

> I have started work on the patch for /proc/sys/kernel/tainted with the
> corresponding modutils and ksymoops changes. insmod of a non-GPL
> module ORs /proc/sys/kernel/tainted with 1, insmod -f ORs with 2.

Where can I find more information about this? The word "tainted" doesn't
appear in my kernel source code (I guess 2.4.2 is too old), and a search on
google didn't reveal anything.

The reason I ask is because I'm working on a closed-source (unfortunately)
driver for Linux, and I'd really like to make it behave as well as possible.